Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Towel Folding Robot

As I skimmed the BBC website I found a headline that particularly jumped out at me, “Towel-folding robot created by US researchers”.

I read it again… What? Are we really so lazy that we can’t fold our own towels? Then I thought of my bedroom, unfolded clothes scattered about my makeshift floor-shelf haunted the back of my mind. I could clean it if I wanted to. I just don’t want to.

That’s the thing, nobody wants to, I’ve only met a miniscule amount of people who enjoy cleaning and most of them are self centered brats or neat freaks. However, even if I lay my head in sea of clothing every night, I’m still against this bot. I’m not against it because it encourages a sloth like mentality of laziness.

I’m against it because “US Researchers” should have something better to do than discover ways civilization can avoid folding towels. I want to explore space, explore the sea, meet aliens, and discover new life forms.

I’m bored, watching all these adventures happen on TV while having a robot fold my laundry just isn’t enough for me anymore. Maybe if they would stop focusing on selfish pleasures, or if the population as a whole would stop paying them to do so, we would have something to do.

We could actually have an excuse for not folding our towels, because we were too busy going out and living life to the fullest, instead of sitting and watching the television or fighting fake aliens on a video game. Come on researchers, lets get rid of scifi and do it for real.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/8607538.stm

No comments:

Post a Comment