Thursday, September 10, 2009

4TheNoobs

For those of you who don’t know (you should btw, because it’s the basic knowledge of the most awesome thing in the world), anime is shortened slang for Japanese animation.

Not familiar with Japanese animation? I’m sure you’ve seen it before. You know, those little cartoons with the sharp features and planet sized eyes? Running around and hitting things with swords and whatnot? Think Pokemon, remember those little furry beasts? They always fought until one was rendered unconscious; it was like a Japanese dog fight. Yeah, those were the good old days of the Otaku's childhood.

However, Pokemon is a kid’s show (I’m talking to YOU thirty-five year old man plastering Pikachu posters all over his mother’s basement), and trust me when I say, not all anime or manga (like comic book anime, noobs) is for the children.

It’s true, obesemaleinyourmom’sbasement, this blog sadly will not cover Dora the Explorer, the Japanese version. However, it will also stay away from any form of hentai (‘adult’ anime. Yes noobs, it exists).
This blog will cover the best of the best, and sometimes, the worst of the worst (I’m sacrificing my free time to watch anime… so you don’t have to… I think that deserves some freakin pocky).

Not to mention I’ll be throwing in random Japanese (or as they address themselves, Nihongo) for you guys to pick up on, and other things that fall into the category of Otaku (that basically means nerd, from videogame to manga fans). All I ask is that you enjoy the blog… and uh, maybe comment on any anime you want a review on. ^^’

No comments:

Post a Comment